The Probate process itself is fairly straightforward in most cases. Here are the basic steps I can take on your behalf or guide you through:
- Filing Petitions to Probate and obtaining letters testamentary or letters of administration;
- Identifying, collecting and establishing the value of the estate's assets and liabilities;
- Notify creditors and paying off debts or settling legitimate claims against the estate;
- Distributing the remaining assets in accordance with the Will or Tennessee Law; and
- Closing the estate, which may include completing tax returns or filing additional papers with the Probate Court.
I also provide a variety of other affordable services, including Wills, Trusts, Durable Power of Attorney, and Healthcare Directives. I also can help you establish guardianships and conservatorships over loved ones who are not able to maek good decisions for themselves.
Being named as the personal representative or Executor of a loved ones estate is both an honor and a serious responsibility. Unfortunately most people in this position have no idea what the probate process requires of them after their loved one has passed on.
As an attorney I provide legal advice and estate administration services to personal representatives and executors throughout the Middle Tennessee. As a solo practioner I can assure you that you'll receive close personal attention and that you'll have a lawyer working with you and personally handling matters from start to finish.